Knight Barry Title, the largest title agency in Wisconsin, is growing again! Please email resumes to email@example.com
. We are currently looking for any experienced Closing Agents, Loan Processors and Loan Closer's! A valid notary is a plus.
We are also looking for professional, title-savvy individuals to fill the following positions:
Commercial Title Officer- Milwaukee, WI
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review and understand commercial real estate conveyance documents.
- Prepare commercial title insurance commitments and related endorsements.
- Review the title searches completed by others in order to issue a title commitment.
- Search title from his/her desk for many Wisconsin counties.
- Determine conditions of title and insurability by considering the effect of documents such as deeds, mortgages, easements, restrictions, liens, judgments, assessments, estate probates and other matters of record.
- Determine legal ownership, legal descriptions, and other matters affecting title to real estate.
- Explain a chain of title, conveyance requirements, and title exceptions to help resolve any issues prior to the closing of the transaction.
- Identify and assess risk to our company and title insurers and be able to describe the risk to management.
- Review surveys and understand the impact of the survey matters on the title policy.
- Collaborate with commercial title examiners and the commercial closing staff to share and discuss legal, transactional and title underwriting issues encountered on specific transactions.
- Display excellent customer service skills to build strong relationships with local attorneys, paralegals, lenders, developers and other customers of the commercial department.
- The Commercial Title Officer will be trained to handle all of the above; however, the ideal candidate will have many of these responsibilities already mastered. We are particularly interested in real estate paralegals, commercial title examiners and local real estate lawyers.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- A minimum of 2-3 years of real estate transactional experience with direct customer or client contact.
- The ability to proactively address and resolve issues heading into a real estate closing.
- A Good understanding of Wisconsin title or real estate conveyance procedures.
- A strong analytical and problem-solving skills.Self-motivated with a sense of urgency and accountability, and an ability to meet deadlines with attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Strong customer service, communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- A proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, LICENSING
- High school diploma or equivalent.