SO YOU'VE DECIDED TO SELL YOUR HOME ON YOUR OWN?
Upon accepting an offer to purchase you have some timely decisions to make regarding the closing of the transaction. For instance, you need a title company or attorney to:
- Prepare the closing statements
- Draft the deed and transfer tax form
- Pro-rate taxes
- Calculate mortgage payoffs
- Obtain special assessment and tax data
- Calculate any outstanding bills (i.e., electrical repair, painting)
- Order the title insurance policy
Knight Barry includes these services as part of a closing package.
What is included in Knight Barry's closing package?
- All of the above
- We attend the closing with you whether it is in our offices or at another location
- We make sure the proper documents are recorded at the courthouse in a timely manner
Where is the closing held?
Typically the closing is held at the place chosen by the buyer's lender. This can be at the lender's office, at an attorney's office, at a real estate office or at any Knight Barry office. Wherever the closing takes place, a closer from Knight Barry will accompany you to answer questions you may have regarding the closing package.
Closing Package Costs
The closing package can vary from $75 - $200 depending on the type of services requested. The title insurance policy and special assessment/tax information are not included in the closing package. Your local Knight Barry office can break down all of your closing costs in writing for you.
In order to begin, contact your local Knight Barry Title office and ask for the closing department.